Wedmore First School Academy is a caring and welcoming school where children enjoy learning and are keen to attend.
Registers are accurately and punctually taken at the beginning of both morning and afternoon registration. If pupils arrive after the close of the register (9.00am in the morning) without a written explanation, a late mark will be recorded. If a child arrives after 9.30am it will be recorded as late absence and counted as an unauthorised absence. The pupil’s name is recorded in the absence book in case of a fire drill.
Attendance statistics are displayed and published and registers monitored. Parents/carers are informed in writing of irregular attendance and meetings arranged if necessary. If the irregular attendance continues, the family may be referred to the Education Welfare Officer.
We expect that you will:
- Always encourage regular school attendance and be aware of your legal responsibilities.
- Always ensure that your child arrives at school punctually and fully prepared for the school day.
- Ensure that you contact the school whenever your child is unwell and unable to attend school.
- Contact the school by 9:00am on the first day of the child’s absence and telephone or e-mail every day thereafter unless your child has a doctor’s certificate.
- Contact us promptly whenever any problems occur that may keep your child away from school.